Another company, called Hurricane Party, grounds its location-based service much more in the real world. However, its CEO and cofounder, René Pinnell, also complains that “social media is so antisocial these days,” and says he wants to facilitate real social interactions between friends. Hurricane Party is an iPhone app to help friends get together spontaneously, and it aims for that goal more directly than Foursquare, which can produce get-togethers as a by-product of checking in. Pinnell says that his service focuses on showing users events that are happening in their area within the next 24 hours.
- Top 7 Highlights from Global Roundup 2017
- Austria To Austin Blog Takeover: Amir Tahhan Talks About His Project Zawaya
- Equity Crowdfunding – A Different Route To Funding a Startup
- Why Every Student Should Receive Entrepreneurship Education
- What We Can All Take Away From Mark Zuckerberg’s Harvard Commencement Speech