Another company, called Hurricane Party, grounds its location-based service much more in the real world. However, its CEO and cofounder, René Pinnell, also complains that “social media is so antisocial these days,” and says he wants to facilitate real social interactions between friends. Hurricane Party is an iPhone app to help friends get together spontaneously, and it aims for that goal more directly than Foursquare, which can produce get-togethers as a by-product of checking in. Pinnell says that his service focuses on showing users events that are happening in their area within the next 24 hours.
- Practical Entrepreneurship Skills Volume 1: The Handshake
- Why Non-Tech Entrepreneurs are Needed in Campus Entrepreneurship Programs
- Critical Thinking V. Entrepreneurial Thinking: How Universities Can Grow Better Entrepreneurs
- This Up and Coming Alumni Company is Going to Change the Way You Travel
- Self-Care As An Entrepreneur: What You Need to Know