The experience of entrepreneurship unlocks human potential in powerful and unique ways. 3DS programs train participants to start companies, an act of creation charged with hope, promise, and potential. This experience transforms both the budding entrepreneur and the people their new venture serves. For students, the practice of entrepreneurship instills confidence, motivation, and hustle. For communities, entrepreneurship grows economies, creates jobs, and brings people together to solve problems.
Over the last eight years, more than 8,500 students at 125 universities, colleges, and high schools have learned entrepreneurship the 3 Day Startup way: discovering customers and validating markets, iterating, prototyping, and learning-by-doing. 3DS continues to increase the scale, scope, and quality of immersive entrepreneurship education.
Our programs play key roles in a variety of entrepreneurship ecosystems, bring together diverse and inclusive groups, and spur immense startup impact. We see great opportunity to codify and grow our fundraising efforts around these past successes, so we aim to grow our partnerships into more substantive and scalable impact.
3DS already generates sustainable earned revenues, so strategically, our development goals involve growing the overall impact of the org and finding the emerging ecosystems that could benefit from our programs. The primary fundraising sources we are pursuing include project and research grants (from federal and local government and foundations), individual giving (major gifts, board growth, and giving campaigns), and events (e.g. 3DS Global Roundup conference)
We seek a development specialist or associate with experience researching, planning, writing, and/or implementing grants to help us grow 3DS impact by realizing more traditional nonprofit grant fundraising. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success in all stages of grant fundraising or major gifts, but we will also consider candidates with broader experience in individual giving and events fundraising. Experience developing training or education programs is a big plus.
We are looking for someone with 3+ years experience in at least a few of the following:
- Developing and maintaining funding plans and proposal materials (e.g. text bank, budgets), and assembling them into full grant applications
- Implementing and facilitating funded grant programs, training, and/or evaluation
- Managing and producing grant reports (e.g. government, research grants)
- Researching and maintaining database and calendar of government, foundation, and research grant opportunities
- Working closely with executives and/or board to grow and refine fundraising narratives
- Supporting external communications and branding initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to English/liberal arts, business, entrepreneurship, or technology. Higher degrees will be preferred
- Ability to work autonomously with strong focus and prioritization
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excitement about entrepreneurship, startups, and university-level education
If you’re interested in joining the team, you can apply for this position here.
Minimum salary: $40,000 depending on experience