Context: More and more universities, colleges, and departments across the world are realizing that entrepreneurial skills are important to students, curriculums, and economies. Demand for entrepreneurship education at the college level is experiencing rocketship growth. 3 Day Startup is the largest university entrepreneurship program in the world and our organization seeks a catalyst to capture this demand as well as define and scale growth processes. Our organization is poised to double or triple in size and scope in the next year and we seek team members eager and capable to embrace this challenge.
Currently active on over forty university campuses across the world, we’re looking to take our unique model of entrepreneurial education to hundreds more. We think great entrepreneurs are born everywhere and should be cultivated everywhere. We’re looking for a person that can help take us beyond just our organic growth (over 50% per year) and that can help us help students launch thousands of companies across the globe. We’re only just getting started and with the right growth of our team, we know we’ll get there.
We are looking for a ninja to develop program growth initiatives potentially ranging from program lead generation both within and outside our existing networks to development of partnerships and distribution channels. This role will involve working closely with a small team to define and execute on strategic initiatives. Initially a lesser focus, there will be future opportunities to work on program sales and account management. The ideal candidate has startup mindset and skillsets paired with the ability to execute in and around a college and university context. The major focus of this role addresses driving hockey-stick levels of growth of committed domestic and international 3DS programs.
- Cultivating our global network of organizers and champions
- Activating existing and new networks of volunteers and supporters
- Identifying and developing the most effective growth mechanisms
- Establishing and optimizing partner and channel relationships
- Managing small team, which will find and lead new program organizers
- Drive execution from strategy: sort through and define processes and tactics that achieve the strategic aims of the org.
- Experience growing an organization similar to 3 Day Startup
- 6+ years management experience and a strong leadership and strategic background
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field (higher degrees preferred
- Impeccable communication and leadership skills
- Depth of experience with startups a big plus
- Excitement about entrepreneurship, startups, and university-level education
Keywords: growth from within and outside existing networks, partnerships, bizdev, entrepreneurship education, college, university