InternshipsJoin the 3 Day Startup team for a paid, semester-long internship where you can gain non-profit experience, work out of the center of gravity for entrepreneurship in Austin, and help make outsized change in global entrepreneurship.
3DS programs train participants to start companies, an act of creation charged with hope, promise, and potential. This experience transforms both the budding entrepreneur and the people their new venture serves. For students, the practice of entrepreneurship instills confidence, motivation, and hustle. For communities, entrepreneurship grows economies, creates jobs, and brings people together to solve problems.
Over the last 10 years, more than 13,000 students at 150 universities, colleges, and high schools all over the world have learned entrepreneurship the 3 Day Startup way: discovering customers and validating markets, iterating, prototyping, and learning-by-doing. 3DS continues to increase the scale, scope, and quality of immersive entrepreneurship education.
We are looking for 1 Exchange Program Intern for the summer 2018 semester. All candidates must be in the Austin area and available to come to the 3DS office at Capital Factory 15-20 hours/week from May 7th through August 17th. Candidates must also have a laptop, cell phone, and reliable transportation.
Exchange Program Intern
This internship will give you experience working with a globally-renowned organization on the execution of a multi-faceted government grant. You’ll be working hard with the 3DS team, members of the U.S. State Department, executives at companies all across Austin, and a large group of young entrepreneurs from Austria. If you’re a hustler with an interest in making an impact across the world, this is the opportunity for you!
*Note: This internship has the opportunity to lead to a full-time opportunity with 3 Day Startup upon completion.
- Senior (or May ‘18 graduate) working towards Bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications, marketing, business or the humanities.
- Collaborative team player with a proactive “can do” attitude; willing to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to support team priorities
- Ability to work autonomously with strong focus and prioritization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Excitement about international entrepreneurship, startups, and university-level education
- Willingness to jump in and help with whatever is needed, from communicating with exchange partners to picking up catering deliveries to escorting government officials to and from events.
- Bonus: Experience with WordPress, video editing, social media, and/or Adobe Suite
- Support the Exchange Program Manager in their role of planning and executing the Austria to Austin 3.0 exchange program
- Assist in exchange logistics and administrative needs, such as organizing catering, sending daily emails, communicating with partners, and prepping event spaces
- Curate written content, blog posts, and other media documenting all aspects of international exchange
- Run an Embassy outreach campaign to further promote Austria to Austin, build relationships, and advertise 3DS exchange offerings
- In addition to these responsibilities, interns have the opportunity to lead or contribute to other projects and tasks and develop a personalized learning agenda around key skill sets that they seek to develop or expand
- All candidates must be available for both exchange programs, taking place July 9th – 24th and August 6th – 14th